Benzalkonium Chloride Antiseptic Towelettes (BZK)
100 individual packets per box
Antiseptic - Germicidal - Sterile
Affordable and Effective for Foot Care!!!
- McKesson BZK Towelettes are designed for general antiseptic cleansing for both patients and clinicians
- Each towelette contains 0.13% w/v benzalkonium chloride to help disinfect
- Single-use, individually packaged antiseptic towelettes are a convenient, cost-effective cleansing solution for a variety of disinfecting needs
- Towelettes are 5-inches by 7-inches, sterile and latex-free
- Towelettes a100 per box and 10 boxes per case
- 5-inches by 7-inches, sterile and latex-free
Only $9.25 for a box of 100 single use packets!!!
Literature describing the effectiveness of BZK
Pharmaceutical Technology Journal -- 10 Mar 2021 (Last Updated March 18th
Benzalkonium Chloride TowelettesQuaternary ammonium compounds (Quats) are membrane-active agents well known for their efficacy against bacteria, fungi, algae, and enveloped viruses. A popular example is Benzalkonium Chloride (BKC), an antiseptic ingredient often formulated in topical, ophthalmic, nasal and oral preparations.
By deactivating viruses through the disruption of lipid membranes, BKC is effective against a long list of enveloped viruses, including enteroviruses, rotaviruses, norovirus, influenza virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV), rhinovirus, chlamydia, herpes simplex and hepatitis A.
As the need for effective yet safe antiviral products intensifies amid the Covid-19 pandemic, what is BKC’s virucidal effect when it comes to coronaviruses?
BKC and coronaviruses
Multiple studies have reported on the virucidal effect of BKC against coronaviruses. Rabenau et al. found that, as a surface disinfectant in concentration of 0.5%, BKC demonstrated a reduction factor of >4 against SARS-CoV. Meanwhile, by evaluating the virucidal activity of different oral rinses against three strains of SARS-CoV-2, Meister et al. reported log reductions of >3.11, >2.78 and >2.61 for a rinse containing 0.035% BKC.Pharmaceutical Technology Journal -- 10 Mar 2021 (Last Updated March 18th